Sunday, November 12, 2006

Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain

I'm having one of those days where you get up so late that you never get out of your pajamas. Under the magical spell of lorazepam, I got some serious sleep last night. It felt real good, and I took so many that I managed to stifle any dreams or nightmares. Outstanding. Now I'm enjoying a rainstorm as it strips the leaves off the maple tree in the courtyard outside my bedroom window. A good day, so far, and I almost don't care that a close friend seems to be ignoring my calls. Almost.

Just a little update from the world beyond the House of Four Cats. The last shipment of AK-103 Kalashnikovs left Russia for Venezuela earlier this week. That completes a shipment of 100,000 of those rifles, along with an unknown amoung of ammunition (unknown to me). In addition to that, 2 of the 24 Russian Sukhoi warplanes that Venezuela ordered are to be delivered by November 30. The company behind the sale is Rosoboronexport, and I don't know a thing about them. I do know that Venezuela is keeping her promise to bolster her defenses and develop a stronger relationship with those countries willing to sell various and sundry armaments.

So that's the update. I have opinions, but who cares.

I could use a shower, and perhaps a little World of Warcraft. Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

No comments: