Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Of Mental Health and Fortune Cookies

Good day to you, comrades. Another day older and deeper in debt, as it were. The picture of me on the right is all about that scrap of paper I'm holding in my left hand, which is a fortune from an aptly-named fortune cookie. I got it on Independence Day, when some fellow mysteriously brought Chinese food to a cookout. A young lady who had a bit too much to drink was all over me about the proper way to pick your cookie, and thus get the right fortune. Her tenacity and knowledge of Chinese culture ensured that the fortune I was about to open was the right one. The one I opened read as follows, "The greatest danger could be your stupidity." I'm not kidding. It was the meanest cookie fortune mine eyes hath ever seen. Granted, it's probably true given my past that I might let emotion rule over reason and as a result do something stupid. Given how I've tried to off myself, and the way I've given myself scars, it's a safe bet that my stupitidy is the greatest threat to me, anyway. But still...a little tact. I'm trying to enjoy my boneless pork spareribs.

I'm in love right now, and not that many people know it. I need to call Clare and Donna and talk to them more often. I miss them. And I'm sure they'll be happy to learn of my being in love, a condition in which I rarely find myself. She's a lot more outgoing and social a person, although I can be a bit wild in public, as well. Generally speaking, I'm increasingly fond of isolation, which isn't a great habit, but there it is. Social anxiety and Avoidant Personality Disorder and all that.

Right now I'm a little woozy, and I'm not sure why. So I'm going to go crash. More later, folks!

No comments: