Friday, August 19, 2005

Little Educated Fleas and Beans

I finally found it. It was sitting in my portable CD player; very retro. The "it" was a small flightless bird named "Wren." Wren is an Emperor penguin, not a wren. Had I known that before I "let him go" out my window, there'd be one more Emperor penguin in the world.

They don't bounce as much as you might think; more of a spectacular splat.

In truth, that was a stupid joke. No arctic birds getting killed 'round here, who am I, Jodie Foster? (If you get that joke, I'll clean your house). The "it" I couldn't find was a CD entitled, "Billie Holiday, The Finest." I love this CD, and I don't care what anyone says, the Blues and Jazz have got Country music beat when it comes to great titles. Here are my three favorite titles on this album of 25; Love Me or Leave Me, Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love), Practice Makes Perfect.

Ms. Holiday, you SEXY woman, you! And here's a great lyric, "Birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it, let's do it...let's fall in love!" And "People say in Boston even beans do it! Let's do it, let's fall in love." At least fleas require an education to "do it." And I don't want the beans to do it at all. What a farting/fucking disaster that would be.

So now I have my CD, and have decided to go out for a walk and listen to music and ruminate on nothing. You don't have to be physically busy to make yourself tired. A total lack of sleep and a mind-riding Thing called "Self-Pity" that looks like the coal-stoker from "The Hairy Ape" by Eugene O'Neill will do the trick.

I'm sorry, blame the technology.

I used to love to wear Donna's panties now and again. Why did fate make us love but have to be apart. Perhaps I can get her to send me a couple. Oh, shit...did I leave this thing on? Well that's humilia....

No comments: