Sunday, August 20, 2006

Nipples On The Pacha London Dance Floor

I'm enjoying a lovely night, eagerly anticipating a thunderstorm whilst watching Angelina Jolie kill people in the movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith. She is a fine looking human specimen. Earlier today I spoke with Anne Markova and she asked me what women and/or men I find attractive. I could choose from any time in history. Four people came to mind; Edith Piaf, Ingrid Bergman, Jenna Fischer and Audrey Tautou. Jenna Fischer is the receptionist from the show, The Office. She's cute, and a down to Earth animal lover. Audrey Tautou is the French actress from Amelie.

Now that I've had some time to think about it, I'll add Greta Garbo, Natalie Portman, Montgomery Clift, Burt Lancaster, Katherine Hepburn and Mercedes McCambridge. It's a tough list to make, and sort of obnoxious, anyway. James Dean is a beautiful specimen, and I'm fond of Queen Latifah and Jodie Foster. Lauren Bacall is outstanding, as is Ella Fitzgerald. Attraction is significantly a matter of personality and intellect. I'm not just saying that to avoid being labeled as "shallow." It's true. Stupidity is a real turn-off...just look at Anne Coulter. Yeesh. I can proudly say that every woman I've ever dated (save one) is smarter than I.

Anne revealed a weakness for George Clooney. Fair enough. I feel compelled to relate a story about Anne, something she just told me today. It was much better hearing the story over the phone, as Anne has an exotic, difficult to define accent (she grew up in Russia). She was dancing at a club in London, a place called, Pacha if I heard correctly. Some "ghastly prick" reached around her back and grabbed her breasts. Stunned, she turned around to find the fellow laughing, and as she tells it he just stood there as if that were an ice-breaker. In response, she grabbed both of his nipples through a thin, silk shirt and gave him a "nurple" that was so painful that he fell to his knees and fell backward, "trying to get away from my judgement." J'accuse! What makes this story even better is that Anne is just a bit above five feet tall. I so wish I could have seen this happen. The music pounding, people dancing like idiots, and a tiny woman ripping a man's nipples off. Now that's beautiful.

Not much else to report. I spent most of the day in bed or, when possible, at my computer where I waited patiently for some strange illness to pass. Possibly a seizure of some kind. Sweaty, cold, dizzy, nauseated and shaking like...something that shakes a lot. I also regret my last post, the one about being in love. I'm not going to take it down, but I'm afraid that I revealed too much. That led to a series of anxiety attacks. Wheeeee!

One last thing. I'm listening to Ella Fitzgerald sing the Rodgers & Hart standard, My Funny Valentine. I never noticed it before, but that song is anything but schmaltzy. I love it. It sort of reminds me of the way the Peanuts' mercilessly needled poor Charlie Brown. Of course there was no love there, only the cruel, cutting commentary from that bitch Lucy. The lyrics go like this:

My funny valentine
Sweet comic valentine
You make me smile with my heart
Your looks are laughable
Unphotographable
Yet you're my favorite work of art

Is your figure less than greek
Is your mouth a little weak
When you open it to speak
Are you smart?

But dont change a hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little valentine stay

No comments: