Thursday, March 20, 2008

Two Crape Myrtles

I have an online acquaintanceship, a young fellow with dreams of making cheap, special-effects heavy Rodger Corman sorts of movies. We're looking for a story that will, primarily, show off his considerable FX artistry. When I was done reading his idea, I made a few comments and described my own. It was interesting and I found his energy laudable.

I'm highly confident that this will go nowhere.

That's sort of my motto: I'm highly confident that this will go nowhere. It has a mossy, Zen-like, pseudo-intellectual fuzziness about it. Along with it the added bleak, pathetic sterility of existential nihilism. Of a brand that could only come from a man with no balls.

And it would look good on a t-shirt.

I notice that Paul Scofield just passed away. He was an amazing actor. His performance in The Train with Burt Lancaster is some of the best acting anywhere. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go reply to an email about crape myrtles.

"Dear Mr. Lyle,

I have two crape myrtles growing with 4 oaks surrounding them.
They fight for sun but of course are loosing. Only a few
branches even bloom. I would hate to pull them out, The
only other option is to chop them to about 6 feet. I have
read that this is butchering the tree and I don't even know
if its to late in the season to do so. Any help you could give
me would be great. I need your experience.
Thanks,
Emily"


"Dear Emily,

I'd love to help! First, What's a 'crape myrtle'?

Darren"

1 comment:

GamerCow said...

Perhaps have the motto above or below a nice picture of sisyphus?