Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Day After

I'll happily enjoy a bong hit with you Man in Black. At this point, a lobotomy would help, as well. Despite this magnificent success and a most happy day (except for Question 8 in California) for Obamamites like myself and Linda, I'm in a terrible, suicidal depression. A perfect example of how it's all in the mind, this mental illness stuff.

Most of the morning found me on the virge of tears, as did the afternoon. For much of the day, I've been drugged with lorazepam, Effexor and propranolol. It's difficult to explain, but I'm ensconsced in guilt, self-loathing and physical weakness. I'll not give into suicidal ideation, but I find it withering. A constant barrage of thoughts and feelings that almost seemed designed to reduce me to quivering jelly.

Irritability travels with it, as it would with anyone in emotional survival mode.

I'd like to say Congratulations to everyone. It is truly a magnificent victory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

get better, my friend. - Chloe

GamerCow said...

I'm saddened as well. Saddened by the backlash and racism that is becoming overt now that we have a black man as president. I guess that its okay to say nigger now that one is in charge, or something. Ugh. Still, I am cheered up when I look to the world and their reaction to Obama's victory.

Anonymous said...

darren, a beautiful victory for america.

while the bongs are a-bubblin', it seems that you are taking a mental kick in the throat. im not experienced in this stuff but i dont think that drugged up cocktail you are downing is helping. try some st. johns wort or a walk through the woods. especially this time of year. i find that watching the leaves fall and watching everything die is strangely comforting. it reassures me that if let be, life will pass when it is supposed to. this has helped my rare but potent suicidal thoughts in the past. but, since you are in boston, i am not sure how you can find a nice secluded woody area....

hey, what ever happened to you telling me about your atheism? i am gsp2012 after all...