Saturday, June 10, 2006

My Chat With Comcastic Brian

Comcast Online HelpDesk
chat id : 61410747-d322-402e-87c0-35f3150bb924
Problem : General Inquiry

Brian > Thank you for contacting Comcast. My name is Brian, how may I assist you today?
Darren > It says that you're an "analyst."
Brian > That's right. How can I help you?
Darren > My analyst told me that I have borderline personality disorder. Do you concur?

There was a long pause here.

Brian > Can I help you?
Darren > Oh, man. Yeah, I want to shut off my voicemail.
Brian > One momnt please.
Darren > I can wait a momnt.
Brian > To shut off voicemail would require having it removed from the account by calling our Digital Voice support at 1-800-COMCAST
Darren > That's unnecessarily elaborate. Could I do it from the phone menu?
Brian > No.
Darren > That makes me angry. Then how can I set the number of rings so high that my answering machine will pick-up before the voicemail system?
Brian > Let me check.
Darren > I'll wait for you to cut and paste the answer.
Brian > I can do that.
Darren > Sing it sister!
Brian > ?
Darren > !
Brian > What?
Darren > SING IT, SISTER!!!!!
Brian > If needed, I can change the number of rings for the voicemail. For security purposes, please provide the last 4 numbers of the Social Security or PIN number on the account.

At this point, I had to give the last four digits of my Social Security number so I could access my account and change the number of rings on my voicemail. I'm sure this is what Roosevelt had in mind.

Brian > I have updated the rings for you.
Darren > Excellent, thank you. Do you like your job?
Brian > No. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Darren > Yeah, I need to refill a prescription.

Analyst has closed chat and left the room

No comments: