Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Driving In Another's Car

Nothing much to report today, and that in 1's and 0's. Many short term goals accomplished, like getting a haircut, procuring boxes for the move, paying the rent, that sort of thing. All of it done using a borrowed car to get around, which is no minor source of anxiety. If I wrap it around a telephone pole I'll never forgive myself. But it's just so damn easy to flit around instead of taking the bus and subway. A friend offered, "Just don't get into an accident." Sage advice. I plan to follow it.

The news about my father is good and, in a fashion, I'm getting used to living in an empty flat. The anxiety is pretty bad, however, and every morning I awaken filled with anxiety that borders on panic. It was so bad this morning I was physically ill. After that, I can't get out of the flat fast enough to run errands. I'm fleeing from the judgement of the cats, methinks.

And then a little bird perched upon my shoulder and whispered gently, "Why don't you shut the fuck up." So I shall, so I shall...

No comments: