Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscar Predictions

I'm getting set here with Linda and my father for the Academy Awards, which for some reason I greatly enjoy. I suppose I just love film so much, that's the explanation. Here are a few of my choices. Daniel Day-Lewis will win for There Will Be Blood; Casey Affleck for The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, a supporting award. Marion Cotillard will win for Best Actress for La Vie En Rose. An outstanding performance. Ruby Dee will win for American Gangster, but Tilda Swinton for Michael Clayton would get my vote. Julian Schnabel will win for The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, although I'd much rather see PT Anderson get it for There Will Be Blood.

As for best picture, it will be No Country for Old Men. I can definitely live with that, although I'll be pulling for There Will Be Blood.

No comments: