Sunday, September 18, 2011

We're Married!

One year after Nancy and I moved in together to start a new life, with pets, we were officially married on September 3rd, 2011. The cat is out of the bag, so to speak. We kept it simple and inexpensive, which I found terribly romantic. One day we'll have a ceremony, but for now we simply wanted to take our vows and no longer live in sin.

Love and devotion.

The cost of the license is a mere $15, and we applied on August 30th. There is a three day waiting list, and we went before the Justice of the Peace on Saturday, September 3rd. That auspicious date in history is the day we first met at the Duluth International Airport. We fell in love with each other quickly, as we knew quite a lot about each other from hundreds of hours of telephone conversation. I'll never forget when our eyes met in the terminal. She had been worried about me, as my plane was late. Her friend, Leigh, who drove her to the airport (and then drove us both back to her flat) had to go to work. It was a close call. I went from being smitten to being in love, as did she with me.

The time we spent in Duluth was wonderful. We were like old friends and lovers, finally reunited. After saying good-bye to her numerous friends (Merv, Kurt, Leigh, and Jess among them) we set about returning to Boston and start a new life together.

One year later, two weeks ago yesterday, we officially became man and wife. Marriage suits me, and I think it suits us. She means the world to me, and I could never imagine being with anyone else.

If anyone needs a recommendation for a Justice of the Peace in Boston, let us know. Our fellow was outstanding.

Wedding gifts will be happily accepted. If you're of a mind to send one, consider an Amazon.com gift certificate. It will help us continue to set up our apartment.

As the Celtic wedding blessings go:

Spare Us the Fall
May the roof above
never fall in,
May we below
never fall out.


And...


Lang may our lum reek. (Long may our chimney smoke.)


Some pictures!







No comments: